Hi my name is Chad Arimura.
I am a 3x entrepreneur, most recently as co-founder and CEO of Iron.io
where we grew a multi-million dollar ARR business helping pioneer serverless computing including some of the earliest usages of the term
"serverless" in 2010. We sold the company in 2017 and joined Oracle.
I am now Vice President of Serverless Advocacy at Oracle, currently leading The Fn Project,
open source serverless FaaS platform and orchestration.
I try my best to lead with passion, integrity, and empathy, and am always striving to be better in these areas.
You can find me on Twitter and Medium.
I'm married to the amazing Sarah Arimura, dog dad to Yodel
and future dad to kid 1.0 releasing in April 2019.
I still love to code when I have time.
I speak quite often about serverless computing, entrepreneurship, building teams, culture, and other topics.
Here's an incomplete sort-of-ordered list of events I've spoken at:
- Mono to Micro to Faas Panel, KubeCon 2018 (link)
- Intro to Fn Project, CodeMotion Madrid, November 2018 (link)
- Three Ghosts of Serverless, Serverless Computing London, November 2018 (link)
- GitHub Universe, Open Source Panel, October 2018 (link)
- Functions Platforms Podcast on Software Engineering Daily (link)
- DevOps in a Serverless World, DevOpsCon Keynote May 2018, Berlin, Germany (Possible video to follow)
- Kubernetes and Serverless, Java Day Tokyo Keynote, May 2018 (tweet)
- Building a Global Scale Faas on Kubernetes, KubeCon '18, May 2018 (video)
- Intro to Fn in 10 Minutes, JeffConf Hamburg, Feb 2018 (video)
- CloudWorld Keynote, New York, Feb 2018 (video - Thomas Kurian's keynote at 24:00)
- Serverless, Chatbots, and Blockchain, Developer Week Feb 2018, Oakland
- Building a Serverless Platform on Docker, DockerSF Meetup Feb 2018
- Serverless Computing Best Practices, O'Reilly Architecture New York (video)
- Fn Launch, JavaOne Keynote (video)
- Serverless Panel, DockerCon EU 2017 (video)
- Intro to Fn, Moby Summit 2017
- Harnessing Microservices for Agility in IoT Apps, StreamConf 2015 (video)
- Data Stream Networks Panel, StreamConf 2015 (video)
- Monoliths to Microservices, Sapphire Ventures Techstack 2016 (video)
- Intro to the Fn Project, Bay Area Microservices Meetup (slides)
- Intro to IronWorker, Ubuntu Cloud Summit 2015 (video)
- Modern Batch Processing, Under The Radar Runner Up 2014
- Docker Containers as Workers, Heavybit Speaker Series (video)
- Microservices in Go, GoLang San Francisco
- Intro to IronWorker, Heroku Waza Conference
- Queuing 101, Heroku Dev Days Tokyo
- Async Patterns, San Francisco Rails Group
- ...and more. I'll keep adding.